Are you interested in joining the Rhode Island chapter of Bikers Against Child Abuse™?
Patched members play an important role in the chapter and greatly lend to the success of the B.A.C.A.® mission. A patched member must be motivated, committed and eager to do everything possible to empower B.A.C.A.® children and accomplish our mission to create a safer environment for abused children.
Becoming a patched member of B.A.C.A.® is voluntary, but once you are patched, you will be expected to maintain a high participation level in mandatory B.A.C.A.® events. This will require a significant time commitment and that will mean personal sacrifice.
To become a patched member, you must:
- Ride a motorcycle or join with someone who does.
- Pass an FBI Background check.
- Complete the B.A.C.A.® online training program in one year.
- Participate in 80% of all mandatory B.A.C.A.® events.
- Be able and willing to become a primary to a B.A.C.A.® child. This means being accessible to that child 24-7.
- Be unanimously voted into the chapter after the one-year training period.
What do we look for in a B.A.C.A.® member?
- Commitment – to the mission and to meet patched member requirements.
- Courage – to do whatever it takes to protect a B.A.C.A.®
- Passionate – about the B.A.C.A.®
- Honourable – live by a set of ethical principles.
- Loyal – to the mission and your brothers and sisters.
- Respect – shown and earned.
- Trustworthy – be true to your word and be reliable.
- Integrity – doing the right thing, even when no one is looking.
To learn more about becoming a B.A.C.A.® member, contact our Chapter Development Officer BamBam.
Email – ChapterDevelopment@ri-ri.bacaworld.org